Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Teacher Gift and the Rebellious Sneak

We're at day one of summer break at our house, and so far, it's fanstastic....relatively peaceful except for the occasional begging to go to the pool (it's looking like rain, but I think we're going to give it a try anyway here in a while). :)
Yesterday was the last day of school, and I just can't say enough how incredibly thankful we are for the boys' school. We LoVe it there, love their teachers....it's been amazing.

There seemed to be something extra special about Hud's class this year.....just a really sweet group of kids, one incredible teacher, and a wonderful assistant. I try to take turns with which class I spend my time with, splitting the time when I can. This year it was my turn to help with Hud's class...next year it will be time for Harrison's again.
I talked to some of the other moms and we decided it was a good idea to a little something extra to celebrate this year and give the teacher a special memory.
Photobucket
I made this frame and stamped all of the kids, and then went up to the school one day to let each of them sign under their person. It was funny listening to the talk and laugh about what they looked like. :)
Photobucket
The class presented the frame to Mrs. D yesterday....I think she liked it. :)
Photobucket
We couldn't have asked for a better teacher for Hud this year. She completely "gets" him, and has a special understanding of each of her students. Hud keeps telling me how much he's going to miss her and that he really wants her to move up to 2nd grade next year too. ;)
Me too, buddy. So ready for summer break, but sad to see this year come to an end.

Moving on....
I've had my May Front Porch Kit sitting on the kitchen table for a few days now, and I'm collecting photos and surfaces to use with it, brainstorming...getting really excited.
I'll be really busy tomorrow. :)
Photobucket
I wish I could give you a real sneak, because I have to say....I have loved each kit so far for different reasons. But this month's is definitely my favorite.
Love it BiG tImE. :)
But because I'm a rule follower (mostly) ;)....I can't really show you anything yet.
But here's a little peak in the box.

Photobucket

There...does that help? ;)

Trust me...it's awesome. Like I said, my favorite so far. You're going to love it.

REAL sneaks to come in a few days. :)

1 comment: