Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love Fest

I love a holiday.
Especially one like Valentine's Day...a day that gives permission to be as cheesey about love as you want to be. And since I'm all about hugs and talking about your feelings and saying "I love you" to the people I love again and again on any given normal day, Valentine's Day is like my Christmas.
Except it's not, because I love it too...for lots of other reasons. ;)
Photobucket

And speaking of Christmas..I totally dropped the ball on sending cards. But in my defense, we didn't have our family pics taken until we were home for Christmas, so I didn't really have an option there. SO I decided to send out New Year's cards, but that didn't happen either. And I was about to give up, which made me a little sad because I had these new fab family photos from the very talented Tomi Cheeks (http://www.gypsyheartphotography.com/) and no one to share them with. ;) And THEN when my friend Barbi asked if she had been bumped off the Christmas card list (of course not), she gave me the push I needed to send out some Valentine cards. So I made a few to send to family and a few friends, and now I'm thinking that Valentine's cards are the way to go~ mostly because no one is really expecting that, which makes it fun.

So there you go. A story you probably could've lived without, but oh well. ;)

On Saturday the boys and I had a crafty day. We really needed a day of nothing. We relaxed. Watched movies. Took naps. And made valentines and cookies. And it was perfect.

Photobucket

"Love Dude"~ made by Hud, age 6

Photobucket

"Heart Elephant"~ by Hunter, age 4

Photobucket

Hunter worked on his cutting skills...

Photobucket

...while Harrison and Hud made Heart People for their teachers. :)

Photobucket

Because heart people are fun, and having a day to decompress is even funner. Which isn't a word, but maybe should be. ;)

Photobucket
And here...my favorite pic of my valentine and me. Thankful that 16 years later, he still makes my heart go "pitter pat." Or however that saying goes. I'm crazy about him.
Share the love, people. :)
And just in case you're wondering why I shared this post here instead of on my family blog, here's the reason: The purpose of this blog is to inspire you to create something. Anything. Sometimes I post photos of a layout, or something I've done to the house, sometimes I'll give a tutorial...today I just wanted to inspire you to pull out your craft supplies, grab your kids (if you have them) and just have fun. So there you go. :)

3 comments:

  1. Great idea about sending out Valentine's cards. And the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funner is the best word I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the card! It's absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete